Or, as it is locally known, "Clisura Dunarii", is situated on the Danube river and is the biggest in Europe.
2. The statue of Decebal The highest stone carving In Europe.
3. Scarisoara Cave Being situated in Apuseni Mountains at a distance of 40 km away from Campeni city, in the NW of Alba county, this is one of the biggest ice caves in Romania (the second largest underground glacier in the world)
4. The Blue Lake It is situated within Baia Sprie city and it is declared as a very important natural monument in Maramures County. Its uniqueness is due to the fact that its coulour changes depending on the light, or the people who swim there.
5. The Black Church The Black Church is situated in Brasov city, and it has the biggest pipe organ in Europe, consisting of 4000 pipes and the biggest bell in Romania(6.3 tones).
6. The first city which used electricty to light the streests Timisoara was the first city in Europe where the electric street lighting took place as we know it today.
7. The first perfect 10 in Gymnastics at the Olympic Games The Romanian gymnast Nadia Comaneci obtained the first 10 in the history of gymnastics at the Olympic Games held in 1976, Montreal, Canada.
8.The String Street in Brasov city This street is the third most narrow street in Europe( after Spreuerhofstraße in Germany and Parliament Street in England). It is 83 metres long and its width measures between 1,11 m and 1,35 m.